You have a piece of paper in your hand that you’re about to throw away. Do you: Tear it, fold it or crumple it?
I’m a folder. Paper cannot leave my hands without being folded in some form or fashion.
fitnerd asked: I don't understand how people let their dogs' vaccines get out of date! It's really not difficult at all to keep up with it. Go to the vet twice a year. Boom, done. Sorry your day is so frustrating!!
Oh tell me about it. *sigh*
And fine, I understand that life gets crazy and maybe a month gets away from you and suddenly your dog is overdue. But clearly you didn’t just find out you were going on vacation. You have to had known for at least a couple of days, yes? And you knew you were going to board your dog.
So call me yesterday! Or the day before! Or maybe *gasp* a week in advance. But not the day you’re leaving! GAAAW!
*haha* Thanks for letting me vent. I don’t know why I get so frustrated - it happens with every. holiday. weekend. :P
June is turning out to be a Zumbalicious month, folks. :D
- There is an instructor at my Y whom I haven’t even met yet, but she has been letting me know about every subbing opportunity that comes up. Her name is Jonie and I’m blown away by how nice she’s being to me! She teaches at several Y locations, so she’s got the inside scoop. I haven’t been able to take her up on any yet, but she asked me to sub for her on Saturday the 1st and I CAN - so I’m going to! :D That’s the same day that my 12:30 class begins, but I’m not worried about doing both. I’ll have plenty of a break in between and I’ve certainly pulled Zumba doubles before! :)
- Denise (South Y Zumba Queen) is throwing together a Zumbathon to benefit the Oklahoma tornado relief efforts. That’s June 2nd.
- My Saturday afternoon Zumba class begins! An hour every weekend. So excited about that.
- The YMCA Fitness Expo. Every year our Y brings the latest and greatest from the fitness world to teach classes at our expo. It’s a great way to keep up with our education and earn the CC’s we need to stay licensed! I’m signing up for two lectures: Engage - Ignite - Empower: Key Lifestyle & Behavioral Coaching Strategies and Mindless to Mindful - Simple Solutions to Improve Dietary Behaviors. To be perfectly honest, I’m not even thinking about how these will help other people. I’m taking them because I hope they help ME! And then hopefully that will trickle down to influence students and people around me. But I’ve gotta shape up first. ;) Particularly excited about the second one.
- Our annual city River Festival is hosting an ALL DAY ZUMBATHON!!!! Instructors from all over the state are going to take turns teaching a few routines on the main stage. I doubt I’ll stay all day (depends on how hot it is that day, really) but I’ll definitely be there to support some of my favorite instructors and friends. Sounds like a BLAST!
- Janefer is having a black light Zumba Birthday party at a dance studio here in town. She’s inviting a bunch of Zumba maniacs and all of the instructors will have a chance to lead! CANNOT WAIT. :)
Feeling motivated and inspired for the first time in months.
I’m a little afraid to weigh-in though. I know I’ve gained weight from the way my clothes fit, but I don’t know how much.
But I’m ready to get back to business! *insert Mulan GIF here*
The neat thing is…I had suggested this restaurant for dinner and we were already planning on coming here. Then - voila! - today’s Groupon was for this place! What are the odds? :D Providence.
vicariouslygiddy asked: Oh my gosh, you and your husband are SO CUTE!!!!! I love the wedding spam :) Have the happiest of happy anniversaries!
Thank you so much, dearest! You are terribly sweet. We were kinda cute though, I’ve gotta admit. ;)